Fèis Rois
english Vertical Line gàidhlig
 
Horizontal Line
Fèis Rois clarsach player
The music was good and I’m practising a lot at home and I am getting better.
Pupil
Horizontal Line


Link to Facebook  Link to Twitter  Link to YouTube  Link to Flickr  Link to Soundcloud

Traditional Music in Schools Project (TMIS)

Gordon Gunn teaching a mixed instrument classThe Fèis Rois Traditional Music in Schools (TMIS) project is an innovative national project funded by the Youth Music Initiative (YMI). 80% of YMI money goes to Local Authorities to deliver the P6 target (see our YMI page) and the remaining 20% is available for informal sector organisations to apply for. Some organisations (known as the National Youth Music Making Organisations or NYMMOs) are considered to have national importance in the youth music sector and have been funded directly through the YMI. Fèis Rois is delighted to be regarded as one of these significant organisations.

Fèis Rois offers Local Authorities the opportunity to work in partnership on our TMIS project. This is an opportunity for primary schools to explore and learn about the traditional arts. The project meets the stage two outcomes and experiences for the Expressive Arts in the Curriculum for Excellence, as well as addressing literacy and health & well-being across the curriculum. See the short video links below for an overview of TMIS:

Fèis Rois has recently worked with the following local authorities: Aberdeenshire, Edinburgh and West Lothian. We are looking forward to working with West Dunbartonshire and Argyll & Bute in 2011. If Fèis Rois musicians, storytellers or dancers have been visiting your school, the videos below will remind yourself of some of the exciting things you did with them:

Horizontal Line
email | t: +44 (0)1349 862 600| f: +44 (0)1349 862600
Horizontal Line
Fèis Rois is a company limited by guarantee, registered number SC123137, recognised by the Inland Revenue as a Scottish Charity number SC017647. Web Development - Paul Murray | Design - Lucy Kendra | Photographs - Derek Prescott | Video – Chris Smith
© Fèis Rois 2010
Creative Scotland Highlands and Islands Enterprise Highland Council Fisean nan Gidheal
Scots Trad Music Awards Winner Highland Youth Music Forum Traditional Music Forum
Time to Shine Highland Youth Arts Hub Creative Ullapool